Happy Mother's Day, Baby Girl! :)

1:00 AM







Mother’s day is usually a come-and-go event for me, but this year is different (Well, everything this year is unusual). Being away from my mom for 10 months now makes me miss her every single day. I used to see her everyday and there’s just nothing special about it, really. The saying ‘You took everything for granted’ applies to me now.

In a span of 10 months, I have learned to grow, to come out of my shell and to just value what’s there in every waking days I have. One of the paramount realizations that I have so far is the fact that I am in constant desire to be with my mom.

         The feeling of wanting to tell endless stories about what happened at work, Uni or placement.
     The feeling of wanting to hug her while lying on bed or just because I want to.
       The feeling of giving her pasalubongs or just to make her smile when I get home.
        The feeling of being taken care of by always having something to eat after a long day.
     The feeling of laughing or discussing about what happened in teleseryes.
     The days when you try to prepare and serve her meriendas while she’s busy doing mommy-tasks.
       Or just the feeling of calling someone ‘Mommy!’

All of these I could have done, or could have been doing if I were back home. Our long distance relationship is making our mother-daughter connection stronger. Ten months have passed and all it did was prove how lucky and in love I am to have ‘Baby girl’ as my mom. What’s more? I now learned to say ‘I love you’ to her, not in letters but through words after Facetime-ing with her. Haha. :)

There’s so much to say and to reminisce of but it will all just make me miss her more. I am sure that each one of us has stories to share. Coming from a run-away child (or not haha), spend each day of your life loving and caring for your mothers. Don’t take them for granted because they NEVER took you for granted. They are the reason why we were born in this wonderful world. They are the ones, with the help of our fathers, who made us who we are right now. Amongst anything else in this planet, mothers are the most wonderful creatures ever made!

Happy Mother’s day, Baby girl! I love and miss you. You know how much you mean to me. I’ll see you SOON! J

Napalayong bata sa ina,
B. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments