Travel Diary: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

9:23 AM

One of the many things on my bucket list is to travel the world and I'm just so glad I get to do it one at a time. It's even more special because I am now able to cover all the costs it comprise. :)

This excursion was a 3-day stop over before Anna and I landed in Manila. I consider it a free trip to Kuala Lumpur, excluding hotel accommodation and expenses, as our supposed airfare (Adelaide-Malaysia-Manila)  costs almost AUS 800 was reduced to AUS 700. Thanks to our all time powerful school ID we got a student discount. :)  


Left: I definitely miss the relaxing scenery and beaches in Adelaide. Right: Up above. 

I had all sorts of emotions on this day: happy, sad, excited, lonely, confused - name it! It's sad to leave the people you've grown to be with for almost a year, but it also gave me shivers whenever I picture in my mind my most awaited day of come back. Hello, this has been on the top list of my imagination! 

Up until today, it's so surreal that my one year journey in Australia has already ended....well, at least for now. 



Left: On the way to Petronas Towers. So near yet so far. Right: Right below the famous towers.

There's not much to see in Malaysia. Anna and I opted to stay in Kuala Lumpur and just strolled around the city to save time and money. Too bad there's not a lot to explore in the area other than the many shopping centers and of course, the Petronas Twin Towers.

The weather was very much alike with the Philippines - warm and humid. From a chilly city in Australia to a sweat-all-you-can Malaysia. Haha. In all honesty, I have been in search for that yucky and dugyot feeling because I just can't stand the cold. 


This is their public railway transport. Very similar to Manila's own version of MRT. I love how their train passes look like plastic coins from a board game. :)


Big photos: At the Pavilion on our first day. Small photos: On our way to Petronas Towers. Always good to experience other country's public transport. :)


We were once giants on our past lives. :)



We had to wait for the sun to set for us to see the fully lit Petronas Towers. I say, IT'S AMAZING! :))) It would be a good idea to bring your sarong, lay on the floor and to just stare. A form of stress reliever.


Left: Breakfast served on the plane. Right: Very cute serving of Milk Tea.

I'm very happy to visit Malaysia even if there's not much to see. They say:

"Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer."

Love,
B. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments