I'm Coming Home

7:25 AM


A year ago, I gathered all my courage and came to Australia with the main purpose of finding myself a career. With the help of my Uncle and his family, I was blessed enough to take a yearlong bridging course in Nursing, which eventually (as what I have in mind before) will take me to places. I was also blessed enough to reside with my Uncle’s family without paying any cent for bills or rent. Sinong suwerte? :)

First night in Adelaide - with A and my cousin, Gimi. 

Just a part of my Uni.
With my Tita and cousins. 
After two semesters of mega expensive course, and two sets of placements in hospitals, I successfully completed (Yes, I am saying this out loud because I’m proud of myself ;p) Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Post-Registration) at a well-known university here in South Australia. Time has gone so quick that I cannot fathom the fact that my journey has come to an end.

My Asian friends! :)

Forever friends! :)

Filo friends. :)
Right now, I only have 9 days left before my visa expires. I am booked to fly on the 28th of August. I have bought my family few pasalubongs. I go out with friends every weekend to savor every moment. I have scheduled a ‘despedida/thank you’ lunch date with my family here. I have ordered a box to put all my stuff in and have it shipped home. I work almost every day to save money to take home with me. I started packing my clothes and am running final errands. 

But am I really ready to go back to the place I call home???

Without any hesitation, the answer is YES. After looking at tons of options (student visa, tourist visa and all sorts of crappy expensive visas) for me to stay here, and weighing all possible costs it would damage me and my family, the most practical way to go is to come HOME.

Weekly sleepover and gala with my favorite people. :)
Got to see Melbourne. :)
Celebrated 24th birthday.

The best choice for me at the moment is to find an employer who will sponsor me with a working visa. Unfortunately, my soon-to-be employer and I haven’t crossed each other’s path yet. Haha.  So far, for some unknown reason, all my applications were unsuccessful. Maybe I am meant to come home anyway? Who knows.

Optimistic as I am, I see not the downfall but the success in every situation. :)

Who knew I’d come a long way, even distant from my family, to find my future? Who knew I’d successfully complete my bridging course? Who knew I would be a Registered Nurse in Australia? That I would find great friends? That I’d gain experiences I never thought I would (double job – personal carer and cleaner)? That distance made my relationship with family and friends stronger? That patience, courage and faith are the secret tools to survive everyday?



Got my Nursing registration. Thank you, Lord! :)



There are countless things to be happy about and not trap myself in sorrow for not finding a job. Really, all of these are called blessings from God. In other words, walang talo! :) 

Maybe the main purpose of this journey was to let myself endure things that are out of my comfort zones. That God is trying to test my patience and strength. There are many reasons possible, but it is only God who knows.

I pray that He takes me to where I will be happy and successful at the same time. That’s the best combination diba? May it be here in Australia, in the Philippines or anywhere, God has set it up for me. All I need to do is wait. :)      

PS. I am very much excited to come home!!! :) And yes, I still submit applications to possible employers. :)

Happy and blessed,
Biancs.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. amen to that! I salute to the both of you! and we're here to welcome you home!! miss youuu much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sobrang happy ako for you. Cannot wait to see you Beb! :)

    -Alyanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Bianx! I'm sure your family is proud of what you've gone through. I sure am proud of you! :) Have a safe flight home!

    ReplyDelete