Tagaytay on My Birthday

11:50 PM

March 12, 2011
My most awaited day of the year.
My birthday - 23rd :)

My friends and I went on a cold and windy day trip to Tagaytay, an extension of my night before's celebration with my office teammates (will tell more in the future).

After Hanna's 30-minute delay on the said call time, and Ibay's almost two hours wag-mo-ko-tawagan-low-bat-ako and sandali-may-hinihintay-pa-ako endeavor, we arrived the City of Romance (imbento ko lang yun) at 12 noon.

Our initial itinerary was interrupted due to my disobedient friends, still I love them. Cheesy. Instead of going to Caleruega, Sonya's and Bag of Beans on the earlier part of the day, we had no choice but to put our plans on hold.

Bag of Beans
All starved, we had our lunch at Bag of Beans. This was the only stop that was kept unchanged when the itinerary was discussed. "Basta sa Bag of Beans tayo kakain." 


Vincent and I ordered Seafood Salad in white sauce and Roast Beef. Food comes in huge servings so its good for sharing. I loved them both but eventually you get so full, you can't breath and you stop eating. Toni and Allan had Lasagna and Porkchops, while Hanna and Ibay both ordered Tapa. Ivica and Anakat also enjoyed their Seafood Pasta and Garlic Shrimp. 

Seafood Pasta
Porkchops
Blueberry Cheesecake - more like an ice cream. Yum
We were lucky to be seated in a small hut draped white curtains - a relaxing feel. There's also a couch to complete the warm ambiance. 


Caleruega

I've been to Caleruaga once when Toni and I had our very first double date. She was with her first boyfriend then (HAHA). We hoped for hearing a mass, remembering what my mom told me, "Magsimba ka ha." Unfortunately, a wedding was scheduled for the day. 

Prayed for my birthday wish.
Caleruega's serene and nature-friendly ambiance will make all troubled souls come in peace. Toni and I once promised that we will spiritually refresh at the place once we are stable (hanggang ngayon wala pa). They offer retreat programs complete with accommodation and food. 

Gorgeous Ladies
*Heart*
Pond of GIANT kois
Hanging Bridge
It seemed like Caleruega was one of the top spots for tourists, or even locals since a group of noisy kids/students filled the place. Parang field trip lang. I hope they maintain the peacefulness of the place.

Tagaytay Highlands
Thanks to Toni's contact, we were able to wander Tagaytay Highlands, which is stricly for members only. It was so cold and windy I had to tuck my dress between my legs. Now, I realized how awkward it looked in the photos. :| Parang jumpsuit na ewan. Haha. Finally, my cardigan, being part of my porma, was of great use. :)
Okay, "candid" photo
Windyyyy!



Group Hug!
The cable car was unavailable because of the risky weather, sayang! It would have been great if we stayed for the night but we all had plans. Besides, none of us were part of the club's membership.
 
Here are some touching photos dedicated to me by Ivica. :)

I really had fun spending my special day with my lovely friends, and of course with Vincent. :) I may not have treated them any drinks or meals (I promised I would pag mayaman na ako), I'm pretty SURE we all had a great time! The quality time spent together is way important than anything else.

You Might Also Like

0 comments