My Birthday with Marchex

9:11 PM

March 11, 2011
Friday
Pre-Birthday Celebration

Here's my promised blog about me turning 23 with my team officemates. :)

I wasn't able to join the team on Pae's last day at work last March 4. I am at peace in Boracay during that time (will tell more - I have so many pending things to blog about).

I'm so happy my officemates agreed on celebrating my birthday a week after Pae's despedida. Actually, they planned it themselves and when I got back to work the plan was set. Yehey! I didn't want to miss the fun, so having a come back at Pae's place (this time with me) means not missing anthing at all! :)


We agreed to potluck which turned out to be a cookout party. I brought sticks of isaw and dugo, and my mom's special sisig. Ju, Mark and Elo cooked their share at the place that took longer than expected. Starved, we ate the pizza Dannah and Kris brought while waiting. There was lechon manok, potato salad (yum!), caldereta, chicken lollipops, lemon muffins, and of course pansit and pasta for double long life! :)


My mom's sisig :)

I love these! Yum!

Vincent came right on time when the food was (finally) ready – 9ish I think. Haha. After dinner, the team surprised me with a birthday song and a huge cake. I forgot all about the ‘surprise’ thing because I was busy talking to Vincent. At the office, I saw Roan drawing some butterflies on a pink paper and eventually hid it from me. I also read some clues on Skype which was typed on the wrong conference like “kailangan ibigay na natin kay Bianca”. I tried so hard not to excite myself and not to know ALL about it, and of course to pretend to be clueless. HAHA. :)



They gave me a cute floral dress that I immediately loved! I was also touched with the compiled messages they gave me. I have always been fond with personal letters. :)





It’s also nice that we get to invite Jane. She is responsible for our office’s sanitary matters. At the end of the night, she thanked me so much that inviting her alone made my birthday complete. She said she has never been in to a party as such for a long time. I’m so glad she had a blast! 

Ate Jane :)
I will always treasure my 23rd birthday. My team’s mutual relationship is incomparable. Six months of being together made us this CLOSE that preparing for a surprise (for birthdays or resignation) has been a habit. I’m so lucky I got to experience it. 





Thank you so much and I love you all!! :))

xoxo, 
Bianca.

You Might Also Like

0 comments