I Am a Volunteer

8:55 PM

Mail sent to me after having an interview-like phone call. :) 



First thing I saw that made me smile. :)


After weighing out things for myself, I decided to apply for a volunteering job in the same nursing home that I work at. I believe this will give me plus points when I apply for a real job after I graduate. :)

“You have to do something that will not give the employers the impression that you came here to take a degree just like the others. You have to stand out.”, the speaker said in a seminar that talks about nursing career here in Australia.

I have learned to familiarize myself on how things get by in Resthaven including the staff, residents and environment, and being a volunteer there won’t give me a hard time. Besides Stacey, the volunteer resources of Resthaven, said that I’d be assisting residents especially those who are isolated. This idea excites me in a way because I enjoy old people. Plus, this would be an advantage for me since I get to interact with patients on a one-on-one basis, a factor important for employers to see.

Now I just need to fix my schedule to balance my work, studies and volunteering job. Who knows one day Resthaven might absorb me as a regular staff *dreaming*. :)

THANK YOU LORD FOR EVERYTHING! YOU ARE GOOD ALL THE TIME! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments