Truly Asia

1:54 AM


I never imagined myself to have friends from different parts of the world – well at least in Asia.

I grew up in the Philippines and have accustomed myself to Filipino beauty, values and humor. I thought finding friends here is a bit challenging because (obviously) of language differences, but in the long run, speaking in English excites me especially when random people say, “You really have good English.” kahit na in reality wrong grammar na ako at dugong-dugo na ang ilong ko. HAHAHA. The only thing I still can’t manage myself to do is to crack a joke in English. Haha! My gulay, when I try translating jokes, it just messes it up. Oh well. :)

So yeah, here are my new friends in Adelaide whom I met in school orientations and house parties. Unfortunately, they are all exchange students and are due to leave the country anytime soon. :(

With Kelly


We all come from different backgrounds and cultures, we even have different courses in Uni, but we all enjoy two things: spend some time with friends and take photos. 

First lunch out at Kwik Stix


From left: Evonne, Soo, myself, Anna and Kelly
Chicken Pandam, Tom Yum and Pad Thai. Yum!



Lunch at Maru

Ramen and Sushi




Picnic at Brighton Beach





Soo, Anna, myself, Hooi Theng, Cyrstal, Kelly and Evonne

I enjoyed all our lunch outs and I really had a wonderful time on our picnic together. You made my first few months superb and excitable. I just wish you all could have stayed longer so we can spend more time exploring Australia. 

I look forward to visiting your home countries! Tour me around, okay? I’ll see you SOON! :)

So happy to have friends from Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments