My Super Mom

6:16 AM



Each one of us is blessed with a mom, and all of us have our own reasons and insights of how lucky we are to have the PERFECT mother of all time. Today I’m sharing with you a story of the greatest mom ever made. :)

My mom is best described as COOL, CAREFREE and FUN TO BE WITH. I’m sure those who know her would probably agree with me. I’m sure there are more adjectives to portray her but these three are on the A-list.

Her cute poses!
She’s someone who lightens up the mood in a crowd. I remember her telling me how friends would warmly welcome her every time she enters the room. Don’t get her wrong, she’s not bragging about it, she’s just amazed at how great her impact is in a group without putting any effort.

When I wake up in the morning, I’d see her sweaty with her hair all greasy and yucky. That’s because she danced her heart out in our garage while waving hello to the passers-by. That’s her exercise and believe it or not she has lost weight just by doing it every day. She once taught me her “steps”. “Igiling at ikembot mo yung balakang mo, ganito oh” and then I’d laugh while trying to copy her.

She’s a great dancer. She never fails to perform in parties no matter how big the crowd is. She dances Ballroom, Cha Cha, LA Walk, Belly Dancing and sometimes Hip Hop (she copies how artistas dance on ASAP). 

One of her latest performances. :)
Watch her, my cousin and Ate rock the dance floor!


She has always been afraid of the sun. It damages her skin daw. 
She’s an incredible cook. She’s well-known for her Ginataang Kuhol, Kare-Kare, Chicken Feet, Crispy Pata, Seafood Pasta, Ginataang Kaldereta (gosh, I’m salivating just by writing these) and a lot more. I miss her dishes!

She doesn’t know how to use the computer like the way she did before. She used to write long emails to her friends. I don’t know what happened, but now she’s catching up with technology. We were once having a video call on Skype when something went wrong with the connection that disabled the call. I was shocked when a message popped out in the chat box. When I asked her how she knew how to chat me, she said, “Eh sabi dito ‘Type a message to Jessica Bianca Reyes’ eh.” Hahaha. She’s funny!

She now also knows how to play Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja. It’s her new addiction! She even knows how to charge the iPad herself. Haha!



I admire her braveness and overflowing courage especially when Paps died. I only saw her broke down once and that was it! She stood strong not only for herself but also for us, her children. She knew that she NEEDED to be tough for the family. My sisters and I were lucky that we didn’t have to look after her following my father’s death. She’s simply our source of strength.

Cutting her nails while on our way to Hollywood!
I will never forget the look on her face on the day I left the Philippines. She was teary and sad. She gave me a hug and told me to be strong. I can’t wait to see her cry again, but this time with joy, on the day of my arrival.

I love our random chats especially during mealtimes, talking about work, friends and future. She’s so easy to talk to even if sometimes she keeps on telling stories over and over again (especially her childhood and ligawan days with Paps). Haha.

Her past time is to watch Willie’s show on the television while munching on peanuts, chips or anything. After a while you’d see her snoring in the couch with her mouth wide open. Sometimes she’s still holding the remote or the food she’s eating while she sleeps, and when she wakes up she scolds us. Talk about naalimpungatan!


Whenever she sees me trying out clothes and ask her opinion about it, she’d always say, “Ang arte mo no?!” and then I’d say, “Mana lang sayo!” Haha. If there’s a party to attend to, she would always have her clothes prepared a week earlier, dapat matching ang bag sa shoes pati narin ang accessories. She would do a catwalk in front of us and she’d stare at herself in the mirror at all angles!

She’s cool. Our boyfriends have always been comfortable with our mom. She joins us whenever we have drinking sessions at home, tatagay pa yan at sasali sa kuwentuhan. She makes it a point that she served good food especially to her daughters’ special someones. Dapat uuwi silang busog. :)

These are for photo purposes only. :)
She’s even way cooler because she sometimes goes home at 5 in the morning. Haha. This is when she and her sisters enjoy the night anywhere their feet take them. One time I was about to leave for work at 6 AM and she just got home still lively and on-the-go.

Villavicencio sisters doing jump shots! :)


We’ve done everything to make her stop smoking. My Ate once hid all her cigarettes but my mom would just buy a new packet. She herself has also made so many promises to stop smoking but I think it’s just too difficult for her. Oh well. Just promise me you’ll live 60 more years so we can fulfill our plans for you. Okay? :)

Her jump shots!

Oops, kita shorts! :p

Seriously, there’s a lot to say! To cut it short, she’s truly a BLESSING to me, my sisters and to everyone who knows her. There is nothing more I want for her but to be happy, healthy, contented and to travel the world.

I know how proud she is of me and my sisters, and I know that all she ever wanted for us is to be successful in life. We are doing our best, Mommy! We are taking things a step at a time to living a wonderful life with you in it. One day you’ll see our family traveling the world with love and happiness shown in every photo we take.


I miss you, Baby Girl! Konti nalang at makakauwi rin ako. For the meantime practice your computer and iPad skills para we can keep in touch! Papa’s watching over us kaya there’s nothing to worry. Keep on helping and making others happy. Keep being an inspiration to the people around you and for sure you will be blessed. I love you and my sisters and I are always here for you! MWAH! :)

Love, 
Biancs

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Awwwwwww speechless. Ang ganda. Miss you, sige pero mas si tita luz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha miss ka narin nun for sure! Dalawin mo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. Nice entry! :)

    ANd I see naayos mo na ang banner mo! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww... it's so sweet to feature your mom your blog... and ang kulet nya a... namiss ko din tuloy mother ko... tc in ausie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. bow..wala ako masabi sa entry mo biancs..i was facinated on how you described tita luz..you truly gave credit to all her sacrifices for the family..i became teary eyed while i was reading your blog..i miss my mom..nainggit ako bigla kay pusit for having you as her sister..tito nelson's surely proud of you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yays,karakal mo sinabi mebulgar ku tuluy kahiya hehehe...anyway thanks so much basta huwag kayong mag alala gagawin ko lahat para sa inyo....im so thankful to GOD FOR BLESSING ME 3 beautiful ladies siyempre like me.sorry kung may mga times na nagiging madakdak ako,siguro dahil may mga bagay na kinawo worry ko gawa nang mga responsibilities na dapat kong gampanan....pero hwag nyo nkong papansinin kapag ganon ha! Alam nyo naman ang gamot ko kapag ganon,PRAYERS lang....basta ang masasabi ko ay PRoud ako sa inyo....wishing you all the best sa inyong future ang lahat kayo maging successful sa magiging buhay nyo kya continuously pray for me para makita ko pa ang aking magiging mga apo ha! Okey sige yays see you soon,proud ako sa iyo at miss na miss na kita,,,ingat ka lagi i LOVE You...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! Sobrang sweet mooo! HAHA I told mommy about your blog post. Sabi niya gawan ko rin daw siya sa mother's day MWAHAHA At sinabi pa niya mga ilalagay ko sa blog post ko. Grabe :))

    P.S. Sobrang cool ng mom mo :)) Astig! :)) I know super duper miss mo na siyaaa! Ingat youuu in the land down under :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. JANA: Thanks Jana! Yup, naayos ko narin, inimbento ko lang. Hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ATE KAREEN: Awww. That's very good to hear Ate Kareen! Thank you! I'm sure your parents are very proud of you too lalo for your upcoming baby. Ingat always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LARRAINE: Haha! Funny ni Tita! Pero no need naman ng any occasion para gawan mo siya. Ngayon na ngayon din gawan mo na puwede naman! Haha.

    Yep, she's soo cool kaya I love her talaga. :) Thanks for reading! Ingat din kayo diyan.

    ReplyDelete