Year End-er Recap

6:02 AM



My 2011 self-made planner. 

Time flies so fast.

My memory of how I started year 2011 is still fresh as if it was only yesterday. I can't believe it's about to end and another year awaits us all!  

2011 has been a meaningful year to me. It’s a year of my ups and downs, good times and bad times, blissful days and miserable days; most importantly it’s a year of growing up.




This year I:
Worked as a writer. Yes, a completely different path from my career.
Met awesome friends from Marchex.
Experienced the life in an office and not in a medical-related facility. I loved it.
Made the MOST LIFE-CHANGING decision in my life – moving in Australia.
Had so many trips to the beach.

Decided to leave my job as a clinic nurse just because I felt like I wasn't paid enough. 
Made sure each day was spent in a wonderful way for I was due to leave my most beloved country.
Was addicted to milk tea and frozen yoghurt.
Managed to balance my time with friends, family and a special person.
Am grateful to have inspired few people with my blog.

Still can’t believe that I am at The Land Down Under.
Started working as a domestic helper – a cleaner and a kitchen staff.  I am not in any way ashamed of it.
Learned how to accept people for who they are.
Have become more patient.  
Met multi-cultural friends. Not to mention my new set of Filipino friends.

Celebrated Christmas and New Year's away from my family.
Started saying “Love you”, “Miss you” and a kiss sign ( :*) to my mom and sisters. Haha.
Realized how difficult it is to be away from my family.
Learned how to cook rice.
Took IELTS exam thrice. There’s no harm in trying your luck for the nth time.

Made sure I wrote everything in my planner for I have literally POOR memory! :(
Started treating my body with some sorts of exercise – jogging, squatting, playing wii and walking.
Started to watch what I eat. Aussies have all the means to living a healthy life, I guess it’s my turn now.
Am able to resist rice, even when Sinigang is right in front of my face. :|
Decided to be a bit fashion forward. I hope I’m on the right track. :p

Have proved to myself that somehow I can handle the type of studies overseas.
Am proud to say that I am a employed as a personal carer. I realized I have a thing for old people.
Realized how I can miss even the smallest things/routines I used to have back home.  
Got the feeling of extreme happiness every pay day after working my ass off at work. Ang sarap ng pinaghihirapan ang kinikita. It's very rewarding. 
Cried so many times.

There’s a lot to say, so many to remember, so much to treasure. I’m happy to have had a meaningful year that helped me live my life to the fullest.


Now I am so ready to face the challenges 2012 has yet to offer. I am ready to conquer another chapter of my well-written life. :)

2012 is the year of the dragons. It’s my year! Yahoo. Please be good to me! :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. AJA Biancs! I'm sooo proud of youuu! Have a blessed and prosperous 2012! See youuu soon! Hugs&Kisses :)

    ReplyDelete