Vday Celebration '11

9:28 PM

Vincent and I usually celebrate Heart's Day with a simple dinner, and this year is nothing different from that. :)

When Vincent told me to pick a restaurant, I first thought of Xocolat. I've read blogs with positive feedback from food to service, so why not try? I chose the one located in Calle Industria because it's near our place. We're set for a quick dinner since I am scheduled for my IELTS exam the following day.

So, I called Xocolat and made reservations assuming that lovers will fill the place. When we arrived, there were only 3 couples inside. Assumption: wrong. HAHA.


I offered Vincent there best seller (according to blogs), Pork Belly. But Vincent was full at the time and ordered Tuna Salad instead. I settled for the famous Xocolat Pasta. We also tried out their drinks, Xoco Mocha and blah blah Mint Drink (can't remember the name).


It tasted like Choco Amadeo, the drink we used to sell in our coffee shop, only it has mint flavor in it. I wasn't able to taste Vincent's drink since he accidentally spit back what he drank. Haha. We think that the price (P100+ each) is too much for I think a 12oz drink.



I liked the salad more than I liked my pasta. The Tuna Salad blends well with the pesto sauce. My pasta was a little bland and there's nothing chocolaty about it. I guess the chicken was flavored with cocoa since it's a little bitter. I asked for a pesto sauce to mix with my pasta - it tasted better! :) The servings were big and good for sharing, though.
 

This is us, enjoying our time together but not the service! :( Unfortunately, we had to wait for 1 and a half hours to eat. The service was too slow. It was our first time to dine there and it's a little disappointing how it turned out. I don't think Vincent would ever want to go back there again. Other customers had to cancel some of their orders due to the long wait. I was soo hungry then, luckily my date and I talked about a lot of things. I sort of forgot how starved I was. Parang nalipasan na ako ng gutom when the food came. The staff was very apologetic and offered us complementary coffee, which we didn't claim. We're not a coffee couple. Maybe next time we'll try the branch in Katipunan.



Thanks for the bouquet, love!! It's okay even if it's a little withered. No problemo! :) Happy Valentine's! Next time, I'll pick a good restaurant for us. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments