21 Weeks in the Making

8:08 AM


I am now 21 weeks pregnant.

My shorts don’t fit me. I wear dresses and leggings majority of the time. I can’t remember the last time I wore jeans. I’m starting to have back pains, bladder problems, leg cramps and I often wake up at night with distended tummy that feels like it’s about to explode. Another thing is I’m always hungry (I’m starving as I write this at 10:30 pm). But who cares about the discomforts if a cutesy baby is about to come??


As a first time mom, I feel paranoid all the time. I’m scared that I might hurt the baby if I munch on something that isn’t allowed. I’m afraid that if I move too quickly I’ll slip and lose the baby. My doctor says that I can’t drink coffee at all since its effect is cumulative. But it confuses me because as I did my research, some moms are allowed to take at least a cup a day. I can drink hot chocolate instead but most of the time patients who drank such end up being diabetic, so why drink right? Still, I choose to follow what my doctor says. I’ve been avoiding coffee for 5 months now what’s another 4 months to sacrifice? J

 Whenever I feel something strange, I Google it and find myself comforted by other moms who have experienced the same situation that I am having now. Thank God for the Internet, I need not to panic. J
I can feel my baby kick now – mostly when I’m sitting down or right after taking a meal. The feeling is amazing. It’s a bit strange at first and it feels like you have an alien moving around your tummy but still it feels great!

So far I’ve received compliments about my looks, so I’m guessing my baby is a girl. I appreciate the people who commented on how blooming I look. I’m kilig! They say if you have a large nose, darkened neck and pimples your baby is a boy. So far I don’t have any of those. My fiancé and I are yet to know the gender on our next visit to the doctor.

I now understand the saying that “pregnancy is a miracle” because it really is a wonderful event that changes a woman’s life. Believe it or not my preferences have changed a bit. I am now interested in reading about marriage, pregnancy and parenthood. I now follow mom bloggers. I even take notes on things that I feel might be useful when my kid is in preschool. Talk about being futuristic. Haha.


I am happy and I'd like to thank the Lord for blessing us with a baby. J

Soon-to-be mom,

B.

You Might Also Like

0 comments