Christmas In Oz

4:29 AM


Christmas in Australia. Okay, I must say it’s completely different from the usual celebration that I have had for the past 22 years of my life. In all honesty, I did not feel any bit of Christmas this year.

First of all, the weather is different. Christmas is in Summer here. The sun is up for longer hours and sets down at around 9pm. Feels a bit weird, though. Haha. 

Taken at 8.00 pm. Daylight saving. 
There were no Christmas lights and parols displayed in the neighborhood. I miss our bright and dazzling home that lights up the street throughout the “ber” months. I miss our Christmas tree that my mom carefully puts together. I miss Simbang Gabis. I miss puto bumbongs and bibingkas. I miss those countless Christmas parties with relatives and friends. In other words, I miss the Christmas spirit Filipinos have.  

Our house in Manila. Asked my sister to take a photo of it. I miss! 
Our Christmas tree, Oz style. :) 
Giant Christmas tree in the city. 
Home made puto bumbong. Yum! 
Looking at the brighter side, I am so thankful and blessed because I did not celebrate it alone. I have my family, Anakat and the Filipino community here to have a good time with. It might not have been the ideal gathering but it still was something to be thankful for.

Here's a simple prayer from me:
Dear Jesus,

Happy nth birthday! You are indeed the reason to be jolly this Christmas.

Thank you for everything. Thank you for the life you have given me. Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for keeping my family safe and healthy. Thank you for none of my loved ones are affected by Sendong.

I pray for the victims of this terrifying typhoon. I pray for those who are miserable and seeking for reasons to live. I share to those who are hungry and homeless the overwhelming food I take, and the comfortable bed I have.

Xo, Biancs

On Boxing Day, A and I went to Harbourtown to buy ourselves Christmas presents. We made sure everything was pasok sa budget! 

Scarves
Tops and headbands.
Black sling bag from A. Thanks! :)
Necklaces.
Gifts I got from my Tita and family, and from work. 

Let's all find happiness this Christmas. May we all find the true meaning of this season. It's not about the material things we received. Sometimes a heart-warming message, a hug or a Christmas card will do. 

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

PS. I am looking forward to be back home next Christmas! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments