Struggled for a Beach Body

4:00 AM












Last Wednesday my friends and I went to the beach to get some fresh air before Uni starts. This day was one of the turning points in my life because finally I got to wear a bikini – this time without any shorts to cover up my humungous thighs and love handles.

I have always pictured myself wearing the most flattering bikini while playing in the sand, doing jump shots, or having my photo taken with the sunset. Sometimes I look at online stores of swimwear and imagine myself wearing those pretty summer outfits. I look at models flaunting their bodies and I end up saying to myself, “Isang araw magiging ganyan din ako. Bwahaha *daydreams*” It’s funny how girls get intimidated, or sometimes even get frustrated with how their bodies turn out to be. And yes, I have been this kind of girl for so many years. 

I have gone to the beach many times but never in my life did I dare to show off my body in public. My desire of having the so-called ‘beach body’ has always been a frustration for me. I just didn’t have the confidence to take off my cover-up and expose my self-proclaimed sexy body. HAHAHA.

I read this blog that inspired me a lot. Her exact words moved me that after reading it I told myself, “Okay, I can do this!” She’s right. If I myself isn’t happy and proud of my body, who else will be?  

I posted my photo on Facebook and whoa! I didn’t expect that so much people actually liked my first ever bikini picture. I am so overwhelmed (yes, until now) and kiligs I can’t help but look at it from time to time. Hahaha. Yeah, I’m being too honest here. :D

This even inspired me to eat healthy, do some exercise and maintain my confidence-filled body! To all those who are so conscious and shy of their bodies, I say JUST DO IT! It’s you yourself that you’re pleasing not anyone else. SO JUST GO FOR IT!

I may not have the perfect body but I am still proud and happy about it. 
Sometimes it’s the confidence that makes people sexy. 

xoxo,
B

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is so true... Your confidence brings sexiness to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. I'm too happy for youuu, B! I love your beach bodyyy! Sexyyy talagaaa! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete