Caleb's First Illness

7:45 AM


Last Saturday Caleb experienced for the first time mild to moderate fever. He was still playful but his eyes says otherwise. I gave him Paracetamol round the clock which kept his temperature at an acceptable rate. His nights, or should I say our nights, have been a little challenging. Vincent and I had to take places whenever Caleb wakes up crying so loud and refuses milk or anything else other than being cradled. It was a bit tough to cradle him at this stage since he's gain weight plus, I was feeling half awake and feared that I might fall asleep while standing up and drop him. He woke up every hour. This happened for two nights. 

Today, I finally took him to the clinic because he developed small rashes on his trunk and back. Fortunately, it was only a viral disease and not some serious thing that needs confinement. 

As a mom, it's tough to see him irritated and uncomfortable, and all you can do is comfort him and trust the powers of medicine. 

Today his blood was collected for CBC. It was an awful sight to see your baby trying to protect himself from sharp needles. His urine was also observed. 

Look how he tries to soothe the pain on his finger in the photo. 

Keeping my strength for him,
B.

You Might Also Like

0 comments