That Feeling

8:30 AM

Have you ever been in a situation when someone tells you something and you tend to think less of yourself? To feel stupid and incapable? That your being selfish? I have. A number of times now and I hate that feeling.


When you become a mom, you think and live for two people. You make important decisions that will benefit your child more than you do. You put yourself second and your child as your priority. That has always been the mantra. That's why sometimes I have been undecisive up to the last minute. I am torn between I CAN and I SHOULDN'T. 

Today is one of those undecisive days and I made the wrong decision...again. It just hurts that when people tell me off about that wrong move, I tend to feel stupid. I tend to think that people think I put myself first before my baby. Maybe it affects me because I know that it was and will never be my intention. And if I knew that that would happen I wouldn't have put ourselves (baby and I) in that situation in the first place. I'm not that kind of mom who would have drinks at night rather than put her babies to bed. 

My child IS my priority and I have accustomed myself to that for the past months. It's not about myself anymore but about him already. 

I realized that while making those decisions, one thing is in common - doubt. Weighing the pros and cons itself is doubt. And that doubt has never failed to give me bad results. 

So now...
When in doubt, always say no. 

A little hurt, 
B.

You Might Also Like

0 comments