Much Needed Message

5:47 AM



I have this odd attitude that I tend to cry when things get out of my hand - things that make me mad, happy, tired, fed up. My emotions get too strong that my body's number one reaction is to cry. 

Now that I have a one year old, there are times when no matter how much I try to keep things on track, there will always be instances that situations drive me crazy. One example is when Caleb decides to play and play and play during his bedtime, or worse at 4 in the morning. It usually happens when I am tired for the whole day or I still have tons of things to tick off my to-do list. When all I want is to have a shower and sit on the sofa comfortably. When I want some time to just even brush my hair or to poo peacefully. Yes, motherhood is tough and I'm supposed to be tougher. 

Yesterday, we went to Church and the homily was just perfect. It's like talking to God. 

"Be happy to know that you are needed."

It's true. I felt that I realize my purpose more. That my family wouldn't be able to stand tall if not for my contributions. Contributions that may look simple but are essential such as preparing food, giving Caleb a bath, preparing his clothes, cleaning his bum when he poos, providing clean bed sheets for a comfortable sleep, etc. I myself see these things as irrelevant and just a tiny piece compared to what my husband provides. But today, I have a better perspective of myself, my routine, my duties, my PURPOSE. 

It's great to know that what you do benefits other people especially your family. To all new moms like me who sometimes feel like life is hitting them with stones, always remember that it's a always a FULFILLMENT to SERVE your family. Having downtimes and stressful nights are just part of the drama! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments