THE Date Night

4:03 AM


Like others, Valentine's Day is something I look forward to. It's because I know that it's supposed to be a day spent with your partner. I fancy any kind of 'date' as long as Vincent and I are together. I'm not the kind who prefers (although I'd be glad to have one) a formal, candle lit dinner, or a surprise getaway. Vincent is not that type so I guess I just got used to it aside from the fact that that isn't really my personality as well. But who doesn't want a romantic, all-in date right? :) 



Last year, we managed to ask my mother-in-law to look after our two-month old Caleb. We had an expensive Japanese dinner at Mr. Kurosawa. The part that I got really smitten was when I received a bouquet of flowers from Vincent via email. I was smiling the whole day. He isn't really sweet by nature so little acts like this makes me really 'kilig'! 



This year was a lot simpler. No bouquets, no cards, no surprises. We had the night to ourselves and celebrated the love day satisfying our Mexican craving and strolling around the mall just like what we used do when we were still boyfriend and girlfriend. It felt really refreshing to be alone with my husband even for a short time. No baby to look after and finally, a decent and peaceful meal (no baby to try to control his tantrums).

Thanks to my reliable sister who took care of Caleb that night. She knows hat I've been waiting for that 'date night' so she was really very supportive about it. 

Married life is new to me as well as parenthood. But one thing's for sure, couples should always have time for each other. It's important that we don't lose that spark just because we are preoccupied with household duties and responsibilities. There's no harm in asking your relatives from time to time to look after your kids even for just a couple of hours...or more! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments